Okay, I’ve got a new job that’s been quite the time-suck and so I’ve been neglecting you folks.
Here’s what I’ve missed talking about:
- I’m mad as hell that President Obama is negotiating away Social Security and other social safety net measures. The congressional republicans will a) never think it’s enough and b) will use it to say that he’s attacking seniors.
- I’m mad as hell that 13 states, including Virginia, have moved to make abortion harder to obtain while, at the same time, moved to eliminate the programs that a) reduce unwanted pregnancies and b) make responsible parenting possible.
- I’m mad as hell that even after Columbine, Aurora, Newtown, Virginia Tech, etc., we are still having to argue about asking that people get fucking background checks before they are able to buy, sell, or trade for a fucking gun. Seriously, you’re going to make me get an internal ultrasound and wait seventy-two fucking hours before I can get an abortion if I need one and it’s too much to fucking ask that you put up with one fucking second of delay before you can buy a gun? Well-regulated militia! The words have meaning! Look it up!!
- I’m mad as hell that two more girls who were gang-raped by people who fucking filmed the rapes and then distributed those films ended up being so harassed by people in their communities that they killed themselves. My friend Andrea talks about this much more eloquently than I ever could.
- I’m mad as hell that Exxon seems to be able to just dump oil anywhere they damned well please and that they get to keep being one of the most profitable companies on the planet. Take all their money, and use it to clean up their mess.
What are you mad as hell about today?